Tom Clancy’s The Division has been a long awaited game for many in 2016. Thanks to WCCF Tech, we have now come to know some more details about the third person shooter RPG, and we thought we would share them with our readers.
1. ESRB has given The Division a Mature rating, which might have been expected, but details of the rating reveals new information. The rating summary says:
“This is a third-person shooter in which players assume the role of a sleeper agent of The Division, a secret government agency designed to respond to major disasters. As players explore urban areas after a bio-terrorism attack, they combat street gangs and militias in realistic tactical fire fights; characters mostly use machine guns, shotguns, turrets, and grenades to kill enemies. Combat is highlighted by realistic gunfire, screams of pain, and large splashes of blood. Several sequences depict corpses, some tied up or hanging from railings, and players must rescue hostages in some levels of the game. Cutscenes occasionally depict bound hostages being stabbed or shot in the head. The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.”
2. The French Ubisoft blog reveals more information. We now know that there will be several enemy faction roaming the streets of New York, including the Cleaners, who want to burn all life to destroy the virus; the Rikers, who are escapees from the prison on Rikers Island; and the Thugs, who just exploit the chaos created by the virus.
3. All of Manhattan and Brooklyn can be explored.
4. There will be day-night cycle, as well as weather effects.
5. There will be three skill trees for your agents- Security focuses on defense skills and are your classic tanks, Medical focuses on healing, and Technology that has some focus on gadgets.
6. Online connection is possibly a must, but you can play the game alone without teaming up with anyone. For some missions, though, it is heavily recommended that you have a team. Keep in mind that the game has been designed with co-op gameplay of 2-4 players in mind.
7. There will be a PvP section of the game world called the Darkzone, where you will be able to attack other players as well as AI controlled enemies.
Tom Clancy’s The Division is set to release on March 8 on Microsoft Windows, PS4, and Xbox One. It seems like it will be a fun journey.
Source: WCCF Tech.