Gamer Stays Up Past His Bedtime, Saves Real Lives 0

If you’re a gamer, then you’ve probably stayed up past your bedtime playing video games more times than you can remember. This is the story of a 12-year-old named Jaxxyn Wood from Kentucky, who did the exact same thing and ended up saving the lives of his entire family.

Jaxxyn was up at night, 3:30 AM to be exact, playing video games when he “smelled something really bad, like Legos on fire”. What he actually smelled was the Ice-Maker which had caught fire. When he went to check what was going on, he saw that smoke had filled the hallway, but this didn’t deter our little gamer from trying to douse out the fire which he finally came upon. “I grabbed a plastic cup of water and put it out as much as I could, and then I went and got everybody,” he said.

After failing to put out the fire, he woke up his sisters and with their help, woke up the rest of the family so that they could evacuate the house and call for help. The house did suffer extensive smoke damage, however, his actions probably saved the entire family and their home as well, since there weren’t any smoke detectors installed in their house.

Before you go praising your late night gaming habits too much, Jaxxyn knew exactly what he had to do because he learned what to do in emergencies like this at school.

“A fireman came to our school and he said if there’s ever a fire there’s most likely gonna be smoke in the air,” he said. “So you want to duck down and get everyone you can and get out.”


Sources:

Kotaku
Game Politics
WKYT

The following two tabs change content below.

Aman Biswas

Director of Operations at Asidcast
Aman is a semi-casual/semi-hardcore gamer with over 10 years of gaming experience. He tries his best to keep up with all the latest news in the gaming industry and has a passion for video games like any true gamer would.